You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 4 Next »

Below are common questions and concerns with their solutions relating to configuring and troubleshooting CardioLog Analytics. This guide is recommended for Administrators and technical support individuals.

Questions or ConcernsSolutions

How can I monitor an additional web application in my SharePoint farm?

To monitor an additional web application in your existing farm please follow the instructions in Configuring Usage Tracking and Reporting.

When I run the IIS Logs Import, I get the following error, "Cannot run process cmd.exe: Cannot open : Error opening files: Error opening file 'C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1\ex110101.log': The system cannot find the file specified. "

This issue occurs when running a 32-bit version in 64-bit systems. Ideally, upgrade to the latest 64-bit release version.

In order to workaround this issue, edit the CardioLog machine registry (and the CardioLog Installation key): 
Copy: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Intlock\CardioLog 
To: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intlock\CardioLog

Why do I get "Missing or invalid product license" error, even though my license is valid?

If your version is lower than 2.0.7.0, browse to CardioLog > Administration > CardioLog Scheduling Service, Click on each one of the service components and verify that none of the services schedule type is set to "Once".

Restart the CardioLog Scheduling Service.

The CardioLog Scheduling Service is started but all the jobs fail. Why do I see the "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error in my log file.

This error usually occurs when:
  1. The CardioLog Scheduling Service login account is "Local System" by default. When the login account does not have the required permissions, the error message "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." will appear. To resolve this, set the CardioLog Scheduling Service login account to an account which has the required permissions.
  2. The CardioLog application and the CardioLog database are hosted on the same machine. When the CardioLog Scheduling Service starts before the SQL service starts, if both are running on the same machine, the "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." error is logged. To resolve this, set the CardioLog Scheduling Service to Automatic, with a Delayed Start, or add a dependency using the following command (execute in command line): 
sc config "CardioLog Scheduling Service" depend= MSSQLSERVER

Why are my SharePoint Publishing Sites not being tracked when using the "CardioLog Analytics SharePoint Feature"

The CardioLog Analytics SharePoint Feature will work only for master pages which contain the following control in the head section: 
<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ControlId="AdditionalPageHead" AllowMultipleControls="true"/>

This control is included in the master pages for all SharePoint templates, except for the MOSS Publishing Site master page.

Add this control to each of your master pages, right before the closing </HEAD> tag. Alternatively, you can perform a single update, by using a top master file which is included in all of the Publishing Sites master pages.

• No labels