Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Questions or ConcernsSolutions

How can I monitor an additional web application in my SharePoint farm?

To monitor an additional web application in your existing farm please follow the instructions in Configuring Usage Tracking and Reporting. SharePoint Tree Adaptor
How can I configure secure access to the CardioLog website with HTTPS?
To configure the CardioLog website with HTTPS, follow the instructions below:
  1. Create a certificate (Requires purchase of an SSL certificate from a certificate authority) for the CardioLog application server
  2. Configure SSL for the CardioLog web application in IIS
  3. Replace all instances of http://CardioLog-machine-name:port with https://fqdn in the following files located in the CardioLog installation folder (the default path is C:\Program Files\Intlock\CardioLog): 

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogMonitoringServices\CardioLog.System.Monitoring.Services.exe.config
    [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLog\web.config
    [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogAPI\web.config
    [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogAgent\web.config

Note: If you have implemented the "CardioLog Analytics" SharePoint Feature on your SharePoint WFEs, edit the CardioLogAgent\web.config file located on the SharePoint WFEs:

For MOSS 2007 only:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\CardioLogAgent/web.config

For SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 only:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\CardioLogAgent/web.config

4. In the CardioLog database, edit the URL column in the tab_management and tab_agent_params tables by executing the following SQL script:

Use CardioLog
    GO

update tab_management set url = replace (url, '[Old URL]', '[New URL]')

update tab_agent_params set Str1 = replace (Str1 , '[Old URL]', '[New URL]')
    where AgentId in (2,6)

[Old URL] - http[s]://CardioLog-machine-name:port
    [New URL] -
     http[s]://CardioLog-machine-name:new-port or http[s]://fqdn

When I run the IIS Logs Import, I get the following error, "Cannot run process cmd.exe: Cannot open : Error opening files: Error opening file 'C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1\ex110101.log': The system cannot find the file specified. "

This issue occurs when running a 32-bit version in 64-bit systems. Ideally, upgrade to the latest 64-bit release version.

In order to workaround this issue, edit the CardioLog machine registry (and the CardioLog Installation key): 
Copy: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Intlock\CardioLog 
To: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intlock\CardioLog

Why do I get "Missing or invalid product license" error, even though my license is valid?

If your version is lower than 2.0.7.0, browse to CardioLog > Administration > CardioLog Scheduling Service, Click on each one of the service components and verify that none of the services schedule type is set to "Once".

Restart the CardioLog Scheduling Service.

Anchor
exception thrown
exception thrown
The CardioLog Scheduling Service is started but all the jobs fail. Why do I see the "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error in my log file.

This error usually occurs when:
  1. The CardioLog Scheduling Service login account is "Local System" by default. When the login account does not have the required permissions, the error message "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." will appear. To resolve this, set the CardioLog Scheduling Service login account to an account which has the required permissions.
  2. The CardioLog application and the CardioLog database are hosted on the same machine. When the CardioLog Scheduling Service starts before the SQL service starts, if both are running on the same machine, the "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." error is logged. To resolve this, set the CardioLog Scheduling Service to Automatic, with a Delayed Start, or add a dependency using the following command (execute in command line): 
sc config "CardioLog Scheduling Service" depend= MSSQLSERVER

Why are my SharePoint Publishing Sites not being tracked when using the "CardioLog Analytics SharePoint Feature"

The CardioLog Analytics SharePoint Feature will work only for master pages which contain the following control in the head section: 
<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ControlId="AdditionalPageHead" AllowMultipleControls="true"/>

This control is included in the master pages for all SharePoint templates, except for the MOSS Publishing Site master page.

Add this control to each of your master pages, right before the closing </HEAD> tag. Alternatively, you can perform a single update, by using a top master file which is included in all of the Publishing Sites master pages.

Anchor
main_branch
main_branch
Why do I get the error "Error: trying to remove main branch, persist stopped" when running Portal Tree Updates?

This is a safety mechanism which is triggered in order to prevent the removal of a monitored environment from CardioLog (eg. a SharePoint farm, a custom website). It is raised when removing a tree adaptor web service URL from the web services list in Portal Tree Updates service configuration.

If you wish to bypass the safety mechanism and remove a monitored environment (eg. a main tree branch in the CardioLog tree structure), follow these steps:

1. Execute the following query against the CardioLog database:

SELECT [url],[location]
    FROM [CardioLog].[dbo].[tab_sharepoint_tree]
    WHERE LEN(location) = 12

2. Copy the [location] value of the monitored environment you wish to remove from the above query. Place it in the following query (replace 'location to remove' with the actual value):

INSERT INTO [CardioLog].[dbo].[tab_exclude_main_branches]
    ([location])
    VALUES
    ('location to remove here')
    GO 

3. Run the Portal Tree Updates service.

Note: The monitored environment you have removed will be marked as deleted in the CardioLog tree structure. In order to view history usage data in reports for it, go to the Analysis Center and click Show Deleted Items.The removed monitored environment tree branch will appear in red in the tree structure and will be available for reporting.

Anchor
pdf
pdf
Why do I get the error "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" when exporting a report to PDF?

When exporting a report to PDF and opening the PDF file, you may encounter the "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled" error. 

The export operation is executed on the CardioLog server. It opens a web browser object with the report, takes a screenshot of it and saves it as a PDF file. This process can fail if the report URL is inaccessible locally on the CardioLog server, due to insufficient permissions or security restrictions.

In order to resolve the issue,

1. Open [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLog\web.config and edit the following key value: 

<add key="CardioLogPDFRoot" value="http://[CardioLog Host Name]:[CardioLog Port Number]/" />

2. In the CardioLog database, edit the URL in the tab_global_settings table by executing the following SQL script:

Use CardioLog
    GO

update tab_global_settings set value = 'http://[CardioLog Host Name]:[CardioLog Port Number]/'
    where category = 'PdfExport' and name = 'CardioLogPdfRoot'

[CardioLog Host Name] - the CardioLog server name
[CardioLog Port Number] - the CardioLog port number (the default port is 29999)

Change the [CardioLog Host Name] value to "localhost",  CardioLog server IP or to the CardioLog server name including the fully qualified domain name, perform IISRESET on the CardioLog application server and try the export again.

If this did not resolve the error, try the following steps:

1. Verify that the CardioLog application pool user has local administrator permissions, and that there are no group policy settings or security restrictions (popup blockers, proxy rules, disable scripts etc.) on the CardioLog server default browser. 
  2. Turn off User Account Control (UAC) on the CardioLog server. To do this: Open the system Control Panel > System and Security > Change User Account Control Settings > Adjust it to "Never Notify"
  3. Make sure to have all CardioLog URLs (localhost, IP, server name, FQDN) in Trusted Sites both in server and client. If the CardioLog server's default browser is Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options, and in the Security tab, uncheck "Enable Protected Mode" and lower "Security Level For This Zone". Close IE. 
Please contact Intlock Support if you need any further assistance.
Why can't I open my report PDF file?

When exporting a report to PDF and opening the PDF file, the PDF may be corrupted and cannot be opened. This issue occurs due to security/trust issues. In order to resolve it, perform the following steps on the CardioLog server.

1. Login to the CardioLog application server with the CardioLog service account.
  2. Verify that the CardioLog Application Pool user is a local administrator
  3. Verify that there are no group policy settings or security restrictions (popup blockers, proxy rules, disable scripts etc) IE browser.
  4. Turn off User Account Control. (Control Panel → System and Security → Change User Account Control Settings → Adjust it to "Never Notify")
  5. Control Panel → Internet Options → Security tab. Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode" and put the Security level for this zone to "Low".
    Image Added
  6. Select "Trusted Sites", uncheck the "Require server verification" and add all CardioLog URLs in the Websites (localhost, IP, server name, FQDN).
    Image Added
  7. Verify that "Automatic logon with current user name and password" is enabled in Internet Properties → Security → Trusted sites → Custom level...
    automatic logon with current user name and password.pngImage Added
  8. Navigate to Control Panel → Credential Manager → Windows Credentials tab. Click on "Add a Windows credential".
    Enter site root (e.g. localhost:29999). Fill in "User name" and "Password" of the current Windows administrator account on the server.
    credential manager.pngImage Addedadd windows credential form.pngImage Added
  9. Close browser. Restart IIS.

For more details, please see this Microsoft Support article.

Why do I get the error "Server Error in '/CardioLog' Application - Access is denied." when I open Administration > System Diagnostics?

First, verify that the CardioLog application user account has local administrator permissions on the CardioLog application server and has permissions for starting and stopping the CardioLog services.

Secondly, open IIS Manager and navigate to IIS > Connections > Application Pools > Actions > Stop, and restart the CardioLogApplicationPool.

What is my product version number?

To determine your product version, in the navigation pane, open Administration, and click Product License. This page also displays all features available to you.

Why does the 'Last Event #' in the tracking agent display as 'None' or 'N/A'?

In order to more easily manage data collection issues, please see Troubleshooting Usage Data Collection Issues in Troubleshooting The Tracking Agents.

Why do I get the error "A configuration error has occurred." on my SharePoint WFEs?

The following error may occur on the SharePoint WFEs Event Log when installing the CardioLog Analytics Tracking Agent Feature:

A configuration error has occurred. 
6/17/2013 3:01:05 PM 
/LM/W3SVC/12345/ROOT-1
WSS_Minimal
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\SharePoint - 80\ 
WFESERVER01 

w3wp.exe 
MYCOMPANY\useraccount
ConfigurationErrorsException 
It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\template\layouts\cardiologagent\web.config line 36) 
http://sharepoint/_layouts/CardioLogAgent/CardioLogAgent.js 
/_layouts/CardioLogAgent/CardioLogAgent.js 

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal) at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject) at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey) at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSectionObject(String sectionName) at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSection(String sectionName, Type type, ResultsIndex index) at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.get_Identity() at System.Web.HttpContext.SetImpersonationEnabled() at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context)

These errors may appear when the CardioLogAgent web application under the SharePoint website /_layouts folder in IIS is not configured as a web application.

In order to resolve it, open IIS Manager > Right click the CardioLogAgent directory located under the SharePoint website (http://sharepoint in this example) /_layouts folder and select "Convert to Application"

Why do I get the error "Invalid object name 'tab_iis_log_import_temp'" when I run the IIS Logs Import?

CardioLog Analytics uses the Log Parser tool in order to parse the IIS log files. 

Verify that the following key in the [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLog\web.config file contains the correct path to the Log Parser tool installation folder, which should be:

<add key="IISLogParserPath" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\Log Parser 2.2\LogParser.dll" />

You can download the latest version of Log Parser from Microsoft.

How do I change my user interface's language and date format?

In order to change your user interface language and date format, perform the following steps:

1. Open CardioLog Analytics > Administration > System Configuration > Configuration Wizard.
  2. In Step 1 select the language and date format.
  3.  Click Next and close the browser.
  4. Perform IISRESET on the CardioLog application server.
  5. It is recommended for end users to delete their browser cache after changing the language. 

Available languages:

• English - Great Britain
  • English - United States
  • French - France
  • German - Germany
  • Japanese
  • Portuguese - Portugal
  • Spanish - Spain (Traditional)

Why do I get the warning "Failed to collect SQL statistics" when I run the Usage Data processing job?

When running the Usage data Processing job, CardioLog Analytics collects internal SQL statistics on database performance, including the current database size, the index fragmentation rates and I/O rates for future use. In order to collect these statistics the CardioLog service account should have the "view server state" permission on the CardioLog database.

If you encounter the warning below, please allow "view server state" permission for the CardioLog service account on the CardioLog database.
"Message : Failed to collect SQL statistics. (Exception: The user does not have permission to perform this action.
The user does not have permission to perform this action.)"

Anchor
create csv
create csv
How do I create the CSV of my Site Collection for the SharePoint Online Adaptor?

To import your SharePoint Online Site Collection using CSV that will then be applied via the SharePoint Online Tree Adaptor, follow these steps:

1) Create a folder on the root drive (If not C:/ just change location in script) called Scripts.
2) Make a .CSV file called NewSiteCollections.csv (c:\scripts\NewSiteCollections.csv)
3) Open the SharePoint Online Management Shell and input these lines of code:

$csvfile = 'c:\scripts\NewSiteCollections.csv'

Connect-SPOService -Url https://[login]-admin.sharepoint.com/ -Credential [Login].onmicrosoft.com

Get-SPOSite | Export-CSV $csvfile

4) Change login to correct variable.
5) If you get an error that reads "Failure to recognize Connect-SPOService" , update to the latest Sharepoint Online Management Shell from Microsoft.
6) Place the attached file in [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLog\Bin
7) Open CardioLog and via the navigation pane, go to Administration > System Configuration > SharePoint Tree Adaptor and select the relevant version of SharePoint.
8) Enter the location of the CSV file containing the Site Collection list and click apply.
9) Choose the websites you would like to track.

Please run this script on a regular basis either manually or using automation to update the CSV frequently. We recommend keeping this updated daily in order to keep all changes made in your Online environment in sync with your Portal Tree and your reports.

How do I configure the CardioLog Agent to collect users' real IP addresses when they go through a Proxy?

If your users access your site through a proxy, then the CardioLog Agent will collect the proxy IP address instead of the users real IP address.

By default, CardioLog Agent looks at the  "REMOTE_ADDR" HTTP request server variable. When using a proxy, this variable will only contain the IP of the proxy server.

Alternatively you can set the CardioLog Agent to look at the "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR" HTTP server variable, which will in most cases contains the end user real IP address behind the proxy.
To do that, change the "UserIpBehindProxy" key value in the CardioLogAgent\web.config file to 'true':

<add key="UserIpBehindProxy" value="true" />

If the "CardioLog Analytics" SharePoint feature is installed on your SharePoint on-premise farm, the CardioLogAgent folder should be located on all SharePoint WFEs within the SharePoint website "_layouts" folder:

SharePoint 2007 - "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\CardioLogAgent\".
SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 - "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\CardioLogAgent\".

Otherwise, the CardioLogAgent folder should be located in the CardioLog Installation folder, which is located by default in C:\Program Files\Intlock\CardioLog\CardioLogAgent.

How do I configure email in CardioLog?

You can automate different actions by configuring email contacts using the CardioLog Scheduling Service. This will allow you to:

Why do I get an authentication login box when I try to access the CardioLog web site locally on the server, even after submitting correct network credentials?

This issue may occur when the server tries to browse to itself recursively. Try to browse to the CardioLog web site from your workstation or from a different server to confirm that this is the issue.

To resolve this issue on the server, you will have to disable the Loop Back Check in the registry.

1. Go to Run and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
  2. In the Registry Editor, select the registry key that reads: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
  3. Right-click Lsa, select New, and then select DWORD Value.
  4. Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
  5. Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
  6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
  7. Quit the Registry Editor, and restart your computer.

Why do I receive the error "Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Intlock\CardioLog\CardioLogAgent\CardioLogAgent.js' is denied" in the Configuration Wizard?

When selecting "Yes, install and activate the 'CardioLog Analytics' SharePoint Feature" in Step 2 of the Configuration Wizard, the following error may appear at the top of the window:

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Intlock\CardioLog\CardioLogAgent\CardioLogAgent.js' is denied

This error is raised when the CardioLog service account has insufficient permissions.

Please confirm that the CardioLog service account is a local administrator on the CardioLog server and that it has all required permissions, then run the the Configuration Wizard when you are logged on to the server with the CardioLog service account.

If you would like to try a different user, change the account in IIS (the identity of the CardioLogApplicationPool) and for both CardioLog Windows services (the log on account for CardioLog Scheduling Service, CardioLog Diagnostics Service). 
Confirm the new account is a db_owner of the CardioLog database.

Why do I get the error "Error installing the 'CardioLog Analytics' Feature: Failed to restart service. Server Response: Service SPAdminV4 was not found on computer'" in the Configuration Wizard?

When selecting "Yes, install and activate the 'CardioLog Analytics' SharePoint Feature" in Step 2 of the Configuration Wizard, the following error may appear at the top of the window:

Error installing the 'CardioLog Analytics' Feature: Failed to restart service. Server Response: Service SPAdminV4 was not found on computer '.'

This error is raised when the CardioLog service account has insufficient permissions.

Please confirm that the CardioLog service account is a SharePoint farm administrator and a local administrator on all SharePoint servers and that it has all required permissions, then run the the Configuration Wizard when you are logged on to the server with the CardioLog service account.

You can also choose to install the feature manually and skip Step 2 of the Configuration Wizard.

If you would like to try a different user, change the account in IIS (the identity of the CardioLogApplicationPool) and for both CardioLog Windows services (the log on account for CardioLog Scheduling Service, CardioLog Diagnostics Service). 

Why do I get the error "stsadm addsolution error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." in the Configuration Wizard?

There was some problem with the installation or activation of the 'CardioLog Analytics' SharePoint Feature: 
stsadm addsolution error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The Solution installation failed. 

Please confirm that the CardioLog service account is a SharePoint farm administrator, a local administrator on all SharePoint servers, a "db_owner" on the SharePoint config database, and it has all required permissions, then run the the Configuration Wizard when you are logged on to the server with the CardioLog service account.

You can also choose to install the feature manually  and skip Step 2 of the Configuration Wizard.

Why do I get the error "HTTP Error 407 - Proxy Authentication Required" in the CardioLog UI main window?

When a proxy is configured in your network you may encounter the following error in the CardioLog UI:

HTTP Error 407 - Proxy Authentication Required

To resolve this issue, insert the following code into the [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLog\web.config file:

<system.net> 
      <defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true" /> 
</system.net>

Why do I get the error "'Error in '_layouts/CardioLogAgent' Application: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers" when troubleshooting malfunctioning tracking?

You may notice that once you have completed the installation of CardioLog and/or updated to the latest minor version, that tracking has stopped functioning correctly and you may have received the error while using Browser Dev Tools. When downloading any minor updates, make sure to right click on the .zip file and select Properties > Click Unblock. In some environments with strict security settings, any compressed files that contain .dll files will be blocked automatically.

The two methods to resolve this are:

1. Go to the original downloaded .zip files and unblock the file as described above. Then copy the contents of the unzipped folder, which should be identical to your current version, to the CardioLog installation folder. If you are using our Feature WSP through SharePoint Central Admin, also copy the contents of the CardioLogAgent Folder found in the .zip file to the CardioLog Agent File on all your WFEs within the layouts folder.
  2. Go to each individual API.dll and unblock it. This is time consuming and not advised.

Clear your Browser Cookies and Cache and test to see if tracking is now functional.

Sometimes an IIS Reset is also required on the WFE and CardioLog Application Server to restart the tracking action. 

Why do I receive error 401.1 when I browse to a web site that uses Integrated Authentication?

The source of this error is usually LoopBack, a JavaScript framework, which typically uses the address 127.0.0.1 for tests. LoopBack can keep transferred information internal and block some communication between networks, which causes the 401.1 Error to appear.

There are two methods to resolve this issue. Either specify a host name, which is preferred if NTLM Authentication is required, or simply disable LoopBack Check, which we don't recommend unless completely necessary.

Method 1: Specify host names (This is the preferred method if you would like to use NTLM authentication)

To specify host names that are mapped to the LoopBack address and can connect to Web sites on your computer, follow these steps:

1. Set the DisableStrictNameChecking registry entry to a decimal value of 1. For more information, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article. This is typically for Windows Server 2003, which we no longer support.
  2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  3. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0
  4. Right-click MSV1_0, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
  5. Type BackConnectionHostNames, and then press ENTER.
  6. Right-click BackConnectionHostNames, and then click Modify.
  7. In the Value data box, type the host name or the host names for the sites that are on the local computer, and then click OK.
  8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the IISAdmin service.

Method 2: Disable the LoopBack check

The second method is to disable the LoopB ack check by setting the DisableLoopbackCheck registry key.

To set the DisableLoopbackCheck registry key, follow these steps:

1. Set the DisableStrictNameChecking registry entry to a decimal value of 1.  For more information, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article. This is typically for Windows Server 2003, which we no longer support.
  2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  3. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
  4. Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
  5. Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
  6. Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
  7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
  8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.

My SharePoint portal runs on SSL. Why do I get an authentication login box for the CardioLog server after installing the CardioLog tracking agent?

In order to avoid authentication prompts or browser security messages while working with SSL, do one of the following:

How can I import user data from Extradium into CardioLog Analytics?

Riolinx provides an API that allows you to export Extradium user database to other systems.

A CSV export tool provided along with the source code is available from Riolinx. You will be prompted to sign in in order to access the download.

In order to import Extradium users into CardioLog Analytics, and filter reports by specific users or by specific profile properties, you can develop a web service that generates a relevant XML response. For more information, see Configuring Visitor Segmentation for Authenticated Users.

What is the impact of the CardioLog JavaScript tracking code on the SharePoint page response time?

The CardioLog agent has minimal impact on SharePoint page load and response time. The CardioLog agent is composed of 300 Kb of JavaScript code, with 270 Kb (90%) of the code cached in the client browser. The tracking code is loaded on "page load", and connects with the CardioLog server in asynchronously, to avoid affecting the SharePoint page.

Anchor
fqdn
fqdn
Can I change the URL for the CardioLog web applications and services in order to include a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or a different port number?

You can update the domain, machine name or port number for the various CardioLog web applications and services by following these steps:

1. Replace all instances of http[s]://CardioLog-machine-name:port with http[s]://CardioLog-machine-name:new-port or with http[s]://fqdn in the following files located in the CardioLog installation folder (the default path is C:\Program Files\Intlock\CardioLog): 

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogMonitoringServices\CardioLog.System.Monitoring.Services.exe.config
      [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogAPI\web.config
      [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogAgent\web.config

Note: If you have implemented the "CardioLog Analytics" SharePoint Feature on your WFEs edit the CardioLogAgent\web.config file located on the SharePoint WFEs:

For MOSS 2007 only:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\CardioLogAgent/web.config

For SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 only:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\CardioLogAgent/web.config

Otherwise, edit the http[s]://machine-name:port in the CardioLog Java Script tracking code embedded within a common Java Script file, which is located on your SharePoint WFEs. The code is located at the end of the file, between the comments: "//Intlock tracking code start" and "//Intlock tracking code end".

For MOSS 2007 only:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033\core.js

For SharePoint 2010 only:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033\init.js

For SharePoint 2013 only:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\init.js

For SharePoint 2016 only:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\init.js

2. In the CardioLog database, edit the URL column in the tab_management and tab_agent_params tables by executing the following SQL script:

Use CardioLog
      GO

update tab_management set url = replace (url, '[Old URL]', '[New URL]')

update tab_agent_params set Str1 = replace (Str1 , '[Old URL]', '[New URL]')
      where AgentId in (2,6)

[Old URL] - http[s]://CardioLog-machine-name:port
      [New URL] -
       http[s]://CardioLog-machine-name:new-port or http[s]://fqdn

Note: If you are using Active-Passive architecture, the URL should be valid for both servers.
Anchor
logspath
logspath
How can I change the location of the CardioLog Logs folder?
  1. Execute the following script against the CardioLog database. Edit 'NewPath' (with a backslash '\' after the folder location. i.e. 'E:\Logs\'):

update tab_global_settings
    set Value='NewPath'
    where Name = 'LogFilesPath'

2. Edit the 'NewPath' in the following configuration files:

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\ADTree\web.config

<add key="logFilePath" value="NewPath\ADXmlTree.log" />

<add key="logFilePath" value="NewPath\CardioLogUI.log" />

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\EventCollector\web.config

<add key="logFilePath" value="NewPath\EventCollector.log" />

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\SP2007Tree\web.config

<add key="logFilePath" value="NewPath\SP2007Tree.log" />

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\SP2010Tree\web.config

<add key="logFilePath" value="NewPath\SP2010Tree.log" />

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\SP2013Tree

<add key="logFilePath" value="NewPath\SP2013Tree.log" />

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\SPTree

<add key="logFilePath" value="NewPath\SPTree.log" />

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\VisitorSegments

<add key="logFilePath" value="NewPath\VisitorSegments.log" />

[CardioLog Installation Folder]\WebsiteTree

<add key="logFilePath" value="NewPath\WebsiteTree.log" />

3. Perform an IISReset on the CardioLog server.

Does CardioLog Lite work on a SharePoint farm with multiple front ends?

No, only the commercial editions support multiple front ends.

Why do I get an authentication login box for the CardioLog server when I browse my SharePoint portal even though I have added the tracking code to core.js/init.js?

There are two ways to remove the authentication prompt:

1. Remove the tracking code from core.js/init.js and install the "CardioLog Analytics" SharePoint feature
  2. Install the CardioLog Tracking Agent web application under the SharePoint web site manually by following these steps:
    1. Copy the [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogAgent folder to the "_layouts" folder on your SharePoint machine.
    2. Open IIS Manager on your SharePoint machine, create a new virtual directory named CardioLogAgent under the SharePoint website "_layouts" folder, which directs to the newly copied CardioLogAgent folder.
    3. Set the following properties for the new virtual directory: ASP.NET 2.0, Integrated Windows Authentication. Verify that you can browse to  http://sharepointportal//_layouts/CardioLogAgent/AgentEmbed.aspx
    4. Open the copied CardioLogAgent directory, open the web.config file and change the CardioLogAgentRoot location:
      <add key="CardioLogAgentRoot" value="/_layouts"/> 
    5. Open the SharePoint core.js (for SharePoint 2007) or init.js (for SharePoint 2010/2013/2016) file and edit the CardioLogAgent location in the code as follows: (The code is located at the end of the file, between the comments: "//Intlock tracking code start" and "//Intlock tracking code end")
      ca.src = 'http://sharepointportal//_layouts/CardioLogAgent/ca.aspx?_random='+Math.random();
      script.src = "http://sharepointportal//_layouts/CardioLogAgent/AgentEmbed.aspx?env=SharePoint2010&r="+Math.random()*100000;
    6. Delete your browser cache and verify that when you browse to the portal you can see the CardioLog tracking agent popup by pressing Ctrl+F12 on your keyboard, or by clicking the Agent Console link.

How do I fix the CardioLog Tracking Agent solution when it appears stuck on "deploying" in SharePoint?

Sometimes SharePoint will not fully activate the CardioLog Tracking Agent solution. You can check the status in SharePoint Central Administration by clicking on System Settings and then Manage Farm Solutions. If the CardioLog Tracking Agent never changes from "Deploying", follow these steps:
1.   Make sure that the SharePoint timer service is started on all SharePoint servers . This includes both web front ends (WFEs) as well as application servers and central admin servers.
2.   Restart the SharePoint Administration service on all SharePoint servers This includes both WFEs as well as application servers and central admin servers.
3.   Restart all of your SharePoint servers
4.   Make sure all of your SharePoint servers in your farm are correctly in the same time zone
5.   Execute the following command on all the SharePoint servers in the farm
      stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs
6.   Cancel the deployment job from within SharePoint Central Administration, remove the CardioLog Tracking Agent solution completely and then add the solution again to SharePoint.
7.   Check the status of the jobs by executing the following command. It will show you a list of all pending and active deployments.
      stsadm -o enumdeployments

Does CardioLog require IIS logging to be enabled on the application server?

CardioLog does not require IIS logs. It is highly recommended to switch it off in IIS Manager in order to save disk space.

Can I change the SQL port for the CardioLog database?

CardioLog uses the default SQL Server DB port. If you would like to change it, add the port number to all the connection strings in all of the config files on the CardioLog application server:
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\ADTree\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLog\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogAgent\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogAPI\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\EventCollector\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\Optimization\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\Redirect\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\SP2007Tree\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\SP2010Tree\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\SP2013Tree\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\SPTree\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\VisitorSegments\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\VoiceOfCustomer\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\WebsiteTree\Web.config
[CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogScheduleServices\CardioLog.Services.exe.config

You should also change it on the CardioLog Agent which is located on your WFE:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\template\layouts\CardioLogAgent\Web.config

Change the value of connStr key that is under <appSettings> tag, to include the port number in the value attribute, after the Data Source, for example: 
<add key="connStr" value="Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=CardioLog;Data Source=Server\Instance,1433;" />

Also, do the same change for all connection string that might be in the config file under the <connectionStrings> tag.

When I run the License Admin Tool, I get the following error, "Microsoft.Licensing.LicAdmin.exe has stopped working" and I also get the following error in the CardioLog UI main window "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS cryptographic algorithms"

In order to resolve these errors, follow the steps below:

1) Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialog.
2) Type "gpedit.msc" into the Run dialog box (without the quotes) and press Enter.
3) Navigate to "Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options" in the Group Policy Editor.
4) Locate the "System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" setting in the right pane and double-click it.
5) Set the setting to "Disabled" and click "OK."
6) Restart the computer.

Why do I get a "Processing..." message in table widgets in a report exported to PDF?

This issue may occur when exporting reports that take a while to load into PDF. By default the PDF file is created after 3 seconds, if the report takes longer to load you may see the "Processing..." message in table widgets and/or no results at all in chart/meter widgets.

In order to resolve this, increase the time interval (in seconds) by executing the following script against the CardioLog database:

EXEC [dbo].[stp_global_settings_upsert]
@Category = 'PdfExport',
@Name = 'DelayToGenerateReportInSeconds',
@Value = '3', -- edit value in seconds (expected report loading time)
@ReplaceIfExists = 1

Why do I get "Access is denied" error when I drag and drop the HTTP module dll to Windows Assembly (GAC) folder?

Perform the following steps on the SharePoint WFE server, where you would like to install the HTTP module (and drag and drop the .dll to the GAC):

1) Check if the desktop.ini file is missing from the %windir%\assembly folder (it is hidden by default):

• Open the command prompt window (cmd) and type the following commands:
    cd %windir%\assembly  
    attrib desktop.ini  
  • If the file is missing it will prompt "file not found" and then type the following commands:
    notepad desktop.ini (it will prompt you to create a new file, choose yes)

• Paste the following text into the new file:
    ; ==++==

; Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

; ==--==
    [.ShellClassInfo]
    CLSID={1D2680C9-0E2A-469d-B787-065558BC7D43}
    ConfirmFileOp=1
    InfoTip=Contains application stability information.
  • Type the following command to make the new desktop.ini file a system file, hidden and archived (for more information click here)
    attrib +s +h +a desktop.ini 

2) Disable the "User Account Control: run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" policy (for more information click here):

• Open the Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy
  • Go to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > double click on "User Account Control: run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode", select "Disabled" and click OK.
  • After disabling it and rebooting the server you will be able to drag and drop the .dll to the GAC.